Monday, November 09, 2015

Minds we make and minds made up for us

Grandtots,

An interesting thought just now.  I was reading an online forum trying to divine some information or other about some topic or other.  Wading through all the opinions - informed, uninformed, measured, melodramatic and in-between - I stopped to ask myself: do I really need to read all this?  I'm a pretty bright guy & I have a pretty good run of trusting my own judgement.  I don't really need to hear & read other people's opinions on things to have an effective and reasonable opinion of things myself.

But then the thought occurred to me in a flash:  maybe all the opinions I read is the reason why I have an effective and reasonable opinion of things.

In this case correlation may be causation.

- Grandpa




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home