Friday, August 03, 2007

Plans

He may be mad, but there's method in his madness. There nearly always is method in madness. It's what drives men mad, being methodical.
- GK Chesterton

Plans. People make them, modify them, act on them. People write them down, amend them, scratch them and make new ones. My problem with plans is that by and large, they work. If they didn't, people wouldn't use them. And I wouldn't have to worry about not really having one and not really wanting one. But since they do, I do worry and I have to want one. So here is where my plan begins. But first some goals. I want to be a doctor when I grow up. I want to be a world class martial artist. I want to be a writer. To be those things, I'm going to have to practice a little every day. Thus, this weblog. I think a lot, and I have a lot to say, and I don't particularly need someone to hear what I say so, this weblog exist for the purpose of putting my particular plan in action. Over the coming months I will reveal more and more about the plan to myself. But the sheer brilliance of this endeavor lies in the fact that maintaining this weblog will ensure the success of the plan by having me constantly addressing and readdressing the plan. Sounds simple doesn't it. I figure as long as my brain keeps working the way its been working for the past 26 years, this log won't go long without tending. And my plan will gather no moss. So, the preamble at an end...let me tell myself a story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home